Apple Cinnamon Wholewheat Muffins
- Do you want your kitchen and house to smell cinnamon-y and inviting?
- Do you want to feed your inner muffin monster?
- Do you want to bake your way to a yummy weekend?
That’s three solid reasons to make these easy Apple Cinnamon Wholewheat Muffins!
I’m partial to muffins (over cakes and cookies) because they are neatly portioned, easy to whip together, fun to experiment with, and definitely hit the spot!
I’m posting this wholesome and whoa-some recipe as my contribution to the Fiesta Friday party hosted by Angie, The Novice Gardener! Do check out her blog and the Fiesta posts for celebratory recipes and ramblings from all over the world! I think I must stop exclaiming! Starting .. now.
The apple in these muffins makes them soft, and reduces the requirement of adding large quantities of oil. I used green apple, for that slight tangy flavour, but you could use red apples in exactly the same way. This recipe can be made vegan by using non-dairy milk and a ‘flax egg’.
The recipe is suitable for diabetics, weight watchers, and muffin monsters. The quantities given below will make 12 mini muffins or 6 large muffins.
- Chop the apple fine and skip the grinding step for a slightly different texture and crunch in your muffins.
- These muffins keep well for a day or two, if refrigerated after the first day. I know they’re healthier but don’t be greedy: keep some for later!
- As with all baking, test your muffins for done-ness by sticking a toothpick in them. If it comes out clean, the muffins are cooked. If it comes out sticky, you need to bake a little more.