Try it ! Shruti’s Cabbage Paratha
It’s been a while since I shared a Try it! post, hasn’t it? I’m going to try to get back into the habit from now on. I picked an easy but tasty one to start with – Cabbage Paratha, one of the many, many recipes from Cooking with SJ.
I like the idea of paratha’s where the ‘stuffing’ ingredients are just mixed directly into the dough. They’re much easier to roll out than the ones where you have to keep the stuffing separate, then roll out a dough, put the stuffing inside, bunch the rolled out dough like a bag around the stuffing and then roll it out again – that’s too much skill! This, on the other hand, is really easy and tasty.
Try it #4: Shruti’s Cabbage Paratha
View the recipe here: http://cookingwithsj.com/2013/11/27/cabbage-paratha/
My notes for this recipe:
- I left out the yoghurt and the oil while making the dough but used a light drizzle of oil on each paratha while it was heating on the pan.
- I didn’t have Kasuri Methi powder so I skipped that too, though I think it would have been a nice addition.
- I think my cabbage was a much lighter green than Shruti’s so the parathas didn’t look as pretty as hers with the green flecks but it was yum all the same!
- If you are intolerant to gluten, I think you will be able to use the same recipe with your gluten-free flour to make these parathas.
Previous Try it! Posts:
- Celeste’s Greeny Mac’n Beany
- Sonal’s Lentil Pops or Adai Wadas
- Sammy’s Thai-Style Spring Rolls with Coriander Pesto