Pumpkin Wholewheat Muffins
Pumpkin again! These pumpkin wholewheat muffins are great for making in advance because unlike the Pumpkin Pie in the previous post, these muffins taste pretty great straight out of the refrigerator, even the next day!
Pumpkin puree is a great addition to wholewheat muffins, making them lighter, tastier, and more nutritious (Vitamins A and C). And of course, more orangey! 🙂
This is a really simple recipe and if you’ve got some unsweetened canned pumpkin puree you could whip these up quite quickly.
This recipe is suitable for diabetics, weight watchers, and pumpkin patrons!
For 8 medium muffins, you will need:
- 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree ( To make: peel, cut, cook, blitz, and cool pumpkin!)
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugarfree Natura Powder Concentrate (equivalent of 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp ground flax seed dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 1 vanilla bean or 3 tsp extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
Muffin making time!
TIPS for this recipe:
- The perks of fiddling around with the vanilla bean and extracting the seeds yourself include a rich vanilla aroma in your dessert and a gentle vanilla scent on your fingers!
- I used less Sugarfree Natura Powder than a usual batch of muffins to account for the sweetness of the pumpkin puree and also allow the pumpkin flavour to come through.
- Add sugar-free dark chocolate chips (or little pieces of sugar-free dark chocolate) to the batter for some pumpkin-chocolate magic!