Chocolate Mini Muffins
Here’s a little treat for those afternoon snack attacks!
These mini muffins taste of chocolate but also have a lot of hidden goodness in the form of ragi flour (finger millet flour), whole wheat flour, ground almonds, and ground flax seeds!
This recipe is suitable for diabetics, weight watchers, and mini muffin maniacs! As always, enjoy in moderation.
For a dozen mini muffins:
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup Ragi flour (finger millet flour)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vegan milk of choice
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp Sugarfree Natura Concentrate (3/4 cup of sugar equivalent)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 40 g sugar-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
Ready to muffin?
TIPS for this recipe:
- You can substitute the ragi flour with more whole wheat flour or sorghum flour or more ground almonds.
- Non-diabetics could use dates (about 1/3 cup) instead of sugarfree powder.
- The freshly ground flax seed mixed with water (and set aside for 10 minutes) acts as an egg replacement so it helps with raising the flour while baking. Ensure the flax seed is ground finely so that there’s no graininess in your muffins.