Try it ! Sonal’s Lentil Pops or Adai Wadas
The first time I tried Sonal’s lentil pops they came out so well that I made them again when we had guests over! This recipe does take a bit of forethought (even more than my Sprouted Moong Pancakes) but it doesn’t take much work at all. These lentil pops are super healthy, tasty, and filling!
My notes for this recipe:
- I used a “Paniyaram Plate” (Sonal uses a baby cakemaker) to make these
- I used cumin powder instead of coriander powder, just for fun!
- I added some toor dal (split pigeon peas) the second time round (not the ones in the picture!) and I think they made the pops more dense and filling. So stick to the original for “light” lentil pops.
- I added a pinch of turmeric in the batter
- We ate these hot for optimum fluffiness!
Thanks again, Sonal!
Previous Try it! posts: